The Paisley Spa
Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Motor Vehicle Accident Injuries
Motor Vehicle Accident Program (MVA)
The Motor Vehicle Accident Program is available to anyone who has been in a motor vehicle accident. At the Paisley Spa our MVA Program is designed to ensure that both physical and mental traumas are dealt with as early as possible.
Our team of health professionals are well versed in the coordination and subsequent approval of benefits from insurance companies and the treatment of all injuries sustained from vehicular accidents. We help you through the process, guiding you through the paperwork, and directly billing the Extended Health Care Insurance and the Motor Vehicle Insurance Companies. We will assess your condition, set you up with an appropriate treatment plan and schedule your treatments according to your schedule.
Massage Therapy, Ultrasound, Chiropractic care and Movement & Balance (remedial exercises) are available to those who have been injured. It is important to get yourself checked out as soon as possible; do not wait until the injuries manifest into chronic problems!
What should you do if you are in a car accident?
1. Report it to your insurance- this is essential to having care covered by the motor vehicle accident process.
2. See your doctor to ensure that any diagnostic testing is done if warranted and obtain a doctors note for massage therapy.
3. Call us at (905) 688-5150 to schedule an initial visit for an assessment.
4. Compete all paper work provided by the insurance company as fully as possible- this ensures that the process runs smoothly. We will help you with any questions you may have on your first visit with us..
5. Bring all documentation to your first appointment as we can help sort out any confusion you may have.
The forms that you commonly will receive will be the OCF-3, OCF-18 and the OCF-23. These forms should be brought with you to your first appointment so your therapist can complete them with you. Information such as your policy and/or claim number, adjuster's name, address and fax/phone numbers and the date of the accident are all extremely important details to have as well.
What to expect at your first appointment?
* A Health History will need to be completed.
* Your therapist will go over your insurance paper work with you to make sure that it is complete.
* An assessment of your physical condition will be completed in order to determine what course of treatment will be the best for you.
* A brief treatment MAY occur in order to assess the affected tissues and help with pain management.
* A treatment plan will be outlined along with what you will need to do at home before your next appointment.
What you should know.
1. Any personal insurance amounts for Massage Therapy or Chiropractic will need to be used BEFORE the automobile company will pay for treatment. Any out of pocket amounts can be claimed through your insurance company. We will take care of this paperwork for you.
2. Adherence to the treatment plan outlined by the therapist will speed your recovery. Missed appointments can lead the insurance company to revoke a treatment plan so it is vital for you to make the commitment to the care required.
3. You may feel well after the accident but problems and pain can still begin to occur even weeks after the initial injury. Even if your accident was several months ago, you can still begin this process.
This can be a trying time in your life and our team is prepared to help you through any challenges that may arise. We will utilize any skills and tools that our office has in order to help. If you or anyone you know has been in a car accident let us know as soon as possible and we will get you on the road to recovery.
Call for a Consultation (905) 688-5150